[Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Discussion about the S60 Lock Screen application

[Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby nitins60 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:46 am

Hello Digitalfootmark,


This application impressed me lot, I was searching for something like this simple and fancy screen saver. Something now i got :)

I would like to request one feature and I hope it must be there
* Follow Default Power Saver Settings

Because when i use it in My N85, after locking the keypad, The screen saver starts running, but the back light is not getting turn off at all, it's just getting dim. still it consumes lot of power. so as per my default settings back light is enabled for 30 seconds and the light must go off after that. please consider it otherwise lot of battery goes waste :roll:
nitins60
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 am

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby dfmadmin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks for pointing this out. So far we haven't noticed this behavior in the devices we have used for testing.
Backlight should be definitely turned off when the lock screen is activated. For example in Nokia 6110, the lock screen stays in the display but the back light is turned off.

We will investigate this more. I assume you were using version 0.9.48 (or newer) for testing?
User avatar
dfmadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby nitins60 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Yeah. I am using Latest Version. Thanks for concerning about it
nitins60
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 am

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby nitins60 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:11 pm

if you would like to have any reports, i am interested in testing any beta versions on my N85
nitins60
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 am

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby o-peter » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Device 6710, slider (symb. 9.3)
Slider closed, Losk Screen 0.9.50 worked. On incoming call I see info about contact, I open slider and, in result, process Phone is in background - I don't see any info about call (duration, etc)...
After Losk Screen focus don't set to active program?
Sorry with me english.
o-peter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby dfmadmin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:09 pm

o-peter wrote:Device 6710, slider (symb. 9.3)
Slider closed, Losk Screen 0.9.50 worked. On incoming call I see info about contact, I open slider and, in result, process Phone is in background - I don't see any info about call (duration, etc)...
After Losk Screen focus don't set to active program?
Sorry with me english.

The lock screen is supposed to be shown only when the phone is locked (slider is closed, in this case).
Please start a new thread for your bug report, if needed.
User avatar
dfmadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby o-peter » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 pm

dfmadmin wrote:The lock screen is supposed to be shown only when the phone is locked (slider is closed, in this case).
Please start a new thread for your bug report, if needed.

I known. Ok:
Situation 1 (without Lock Screen)
Slider closed, Incoming call: I see info about caller, I open slider (answer) and I see window of call duration
Situation 2 (with Lock Screen)
Slider closed, Incoming call: I see info about caller, I open slider (answer) and I not see window of call duration. Becouse, process Pnone.exe in background Now.
----
Thanks and Happy New Year to all :D
o-peter
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby rbourgig » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:47 am

First off all thank you for such a great prog. I am testing it on nokia n95. N96 and on the 5800xm. On the n95 and 5800xm its working great. But on the n96 its also working but the light is alkways lightning it want turn off. I hope you can fix this problem.
I am waiting for the calender funk. And can test future betas for you on the above models. Thanks and a happy new year. Keep on doing so great work.
rbourgig
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 am

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby dfmadmin » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 pm

rbourgig wrote:First off all thank you for such a great prog. I am testing it on nokia n95. N96 and on the 5800xm. On the n95 and 5800xm its working great. But on the n96 its also working but the light is alkways lightning it want turn off. I hope you can fix this problem.
I am waiting for the calender funk. And can test future betas for you on the above models. Thanks and a happy new year. Keep on doing so great work.


Thanks for noticing this. Did you test with the latest 0.9.51 version? Some of the earlier version may have some functionality that may affect to the lights power saving.
User avatar
dfmadmin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Re: [Feature Request] Follow Default Settings

Postby rbourgig » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes,I tested it with the latest version and with all others. This only happens on the N96.
Tried also various settings for the power saver and light time out and nothing helped.
rbourgig
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:02 am


Return to S60 Lock Screen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron